Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Re: [NSE] SSL Heartbleed

From: Andrew Klaus <andrewklaus () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:07:48 -0600

This particular scan was done as root. Really weird.

I'll see about messing around with the heartbeat size.
On Apr 12, 2014 4:46 PM, "Olli Hauer" <ohauer () gmx de> wrote:

I've seen simmilar results if nmap is running with an unprivileged user,
also in this case the "openssl s_server..." procesz crashes.
Running the same as root returns with target is vulnerable and the openssl
proceess doesn't crash.

--

Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:

I think the change of the requested heartbeat size from 16384 to 4073 is
what is causing the issue.
That's whats different from the initial commit that works and the other
code that I have tried.
Revision 32828 changes this back to 16384 while only reading 4073 bytes
back from the server.
There was another issue reported where reading too much data back would
incorrectly report the server as non-vulnerable.

Thanks,
-Patrik

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Andrew Klaus <andrewklaus () gmail com>