Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ioctl issue scanning /24 networks

From: Nicolas Greneche <nicolas.greneche () univ-paris13 fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:22:58 +0200

Le 06/06/2014 14:59, Jacek Wielemborek a écrit :
06/06/2014 14:47:29 Nicolas Greneche <nicolas.greneche@univ-
paris13.fr>:
Does "--nsock-engine select" stands for a compilation option
(but I didn't see it in ./configure --help) or an argument tu
nmap command (not seen in nmap -h) ?

It's an nmap command line option. Surprisingly, it's not there in
nmap --help, but "man nmap" mentions it:

        --nsock-engine epoll|kqueue|poll|select .
            Enforce use of a given nsock IO
            multiplexing engine. Only the
            select(2)-based fallback engine is
            guaranteed to be available on your
            system. Engines are named after the name
            of the IO management facility they
            leverage. Engines currenty implemented
            are epoll, kqueue, poll, and select, but
            not all will be present on any platform.
            Use nmap -V to see which engines are
            supported.

Hi,

I runned a lot of scans without python and it's ok with default nsock-engine (I used the same command that is performed by python-nmap).

I'm digging in python-nmap.

Sorry for the noise,

--
Nicolas Grenèche