Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Zenmap] Slow "Open" for large files

From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:06:27 +0530

Dan,

I agree with the importing of the class (not the module).

Committed as revision 32984.

Cheers,
Jay

On Monday 09 June 2014 05:43 PM, Daniel Miller wrote:
Jay,

I'm in favor of your speedup patch. For now, Nmap's output is always
ASCII, and if we decide to change that in the future, we'll probably
have to have a fallback to ASCII-only output anyway, so this code can
stand.

Just a nitpick, but I would prefer to see the StringIO class (not
module) imported like so:

try:
    from cStringIO import StringIO
except ImportError:
    from StringIO import StringIO

Thereafter, use simply StringIO() instead of StringIO.StringIO().
Otherwise it *looks* like we're always explicitly using the plain
StringIO and never cStringIO.

Dan