Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status report for Devin - #1 of 17

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 03:26:59 +0100

Hi all,

Since this is my first status report, I thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Devin Bjelland and I'm a sophomore at Macalester College. I'm planning
on majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. I'm excited to being part
of the Nmap community for Google Summer of Code (and beyond). This summer
I'll primarily be working on the NSE. I'll mostly be doing infrastructure
type-work with the eventual goal of writing an interactive debugger and I
also plan to add some scripts.

Accomplishments:
-Met with my mentor, planned out what I'll be working on
-Learned Lua for this summer
-Gained basic familiarity with NSE codebase

Priorities:
-Finish up patch that enhances NSE output
-Finalize some ideas for scripts and write them (email me with your
suggestions)
-Continue to research exactly what will go into writing an interactive
debugger for the NSE

Cheers,
Devin