Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Inconsistent results with httpspider.maxpagecount

From: xgermx <xgermx () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:10:09 -0500

Hello George, I have tested the attached patch with success. I believe this
should be committed.

*Caveat emptor* This is the first time I've tested a patch like this, so
I'm going to share the steps I took to test this.
If something looks out of place or totally wrong, please let me know.

-installed clean version of Ubuntu 14.04
-installed dev tools via 'build-essential' packages
-cloned trunk via: svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap
-copied httpspider_max.diff to Ubuntu system, nmap/nselib
-patched file by issuing: "patch httpspider.lua
< httpspider_maxpagecount_minusone_option.diff"
-verified patch by diffing the updated httpspider.lua against
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/nselib/httpspider.lua
-compiled via: ./configure, make, make install
-performed same tests as bug identification, this time with consistent
working results

If I have made a mistake, kindly let me know.

Thanks,

xgermx

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM, George Chatzisofroniou