Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Bulk] Re: Nmap or Winpcap Does Not Support USB 3G Modems

From: Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:14:36 +0800

Dear Gisle Vanem,

I have put up a request to include support for USB 3G modems at the WinPcap
mailing list.

http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-users/2014-April/004885.html

Hopefully WinPcap will support USB 3G modems in the next release.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Teo En Ming

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no> wrote:

How can I get my USB 3G modem to be supported by WinPCap?

If WinPcap doesn't support, I think you're out of luck. You may have to
build WinPcap yourself with tracing support (-D_DEBUG_TO_FILE).
Ref. 'PacketNtx\Dll\debug.h' in WinPcap.h.

 What does '-e ethXX -S x.x.x.x' mean?

'-e' means to use the specified interface (not the automatically default).
'-S' means to specify (or spoof) your source-IP address.

--gv