Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: issues with router brute force?

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:05:06 +0300

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:19:06PM +0000, Mike . wrote:
hi all. i apologize if this question is very simple to solve. i just can't seem to figure out what this is in front
of me so i figured i would throw it out there for the hell of it. my cable provider gave me a CISCO router/modem
which i wanted to login and try and turn off UPNP broadcasting. according to all web sites i have looked at, the
login should be BLANK. i am not seeing this, however. i have tried all the standard u/p combinations to no avail.
this is the output i get when running a simple bf:
C:\>nmap -p80 --script http-brute –script-args http-brute.path=/admin/ 192.168.0.1
Starting Nmap 6.45 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-04-17 17:11 Central Daylight Time
Failed to resolve "ûscript-args".Unable to split netmask from target expression: "http-brute.path=/admin/"Nmap scan
report for 192.168.0.1Host is up (0.00013s latency).PORT   STATE SERVICE80/tcp open  http| http-brute:|_  Path "/"
does not require authenticationMAC Address: 50:39:55:44:F5:AE (Cisco Spvtg)
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.85 seconds

now, my question is if it does not require auth, why can't i put in blank fields? what does the netmask error mean?
M|ke

It looks like you are missing a dash before the 'script-args' option. It should
be '--script-args'.

--
George Chatzisofroniou