Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Device Type : AVTech Embedded

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 23:36:03 +0100

25/01/2014 14:57:29 Ayyappan R <ayyappasr () yahoo co in>:
Dear Team,

We used nmap scanner to do the scanning in our environment and we found
the OS Type is  : AVTech Embedded. This is not is the correct OS which is
using in our current environment.
Kindly help us to know why its showing AVtech embedded as OS type. Much
appreciated and looking forward your reply.
Thanks and Regards
Ayyappan R

Hello,

I suggest you to take a look at Nmap's OS fingerprinting mechanism
documentation. It explains in depth how the system works, why it might
sometimes give wrong results and how to deal with it:

http://nmap.org/book/osdetect.html

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek