Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Correction for submitted OS fingerprint

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:29:22 -0800

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Kevin Zheng <kevinz5000 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi all,

Earlier today at around 15:20 UTC I submitted an OS fingerprint for one
of my FreeBSD machines. The target was running FreeBSD 9.X, while the
machine I scanned it from was running FreeBSD 10.X. Being silly, I
submitted the OS family as "10.X" and ran `uname -a` on the scanning
machine instead of the target.

Thanks for the report, Kevin.  I've removed the inaccurate submission.  If
you're able to submit again with the correct information, that would be
great.

Cheers,
Fyodor