Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: quake-server-info.nse

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 07:19:12 -0600

Ulrik,

This looks great! We don't often get submissions that have all the
required NSEdoc tags and such a clean formatting. I'm looking forward
to testing this later.

In the meantime, perhaps you could update the script to emit
structured XML output
(http://nmap.org/book/nse-api.html#nse-structured-output). You'll find
that this actually simplifies the script, since you can just return a
key-value table instead of formatting strings and using
stdnse.format_output. Also, I'd prefer not to have the form-feed
(0x0c) characters in the comments: whitespace should be limited to
0x20 (space) and 0x0a (line feed). I'm trying to collect these style
suggestions here: https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Code_Standards

Looking forward to trying this out and seeing your update!

Dan