Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE scripts for scanning IPv6 sub-nets

From: Raul Fuentes <ra.fuentess.sam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:17:50 -0600

Hello David, sorry for the late answer but the holidays  and no  Internet
 were bad combo,

What do you think about adapting the scripts to match our existing IPv6
target scripts?

http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/targets-ipv6-multicast-echo.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/targets-ipv6-multicast-invalid-dst.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/targets-ipv6-multicast-mld.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/targets-ipv6-multicast-slaac.html

Sure, I can do it,  but have some doubts how to do it, exactly what mean
"adapting" here?   change names, and the shared vars or something else?

For number 1, low-bytes scanning, I think that is well-handled now by
Nmap, because it supports CIDR ranges for IPv6 addresses.

Yes, with the current version are almost the same,  the only difference
(aside the performance)  is if you want to use the script "itsismx-dhcpv6.