Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dns-fuzz script is not working with example usage command

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:20:41 -0600

On 02/10/2014 02:55 PM, John Bond wrote:
There was a small bug when dealing with servers that time out.  I have
added a fix and also enabled tcp support for the dns-nsec-enum and
dns-client-subnet scripts

John,

Thanks for continuing to work on this. I see the utility of the fix to dns.lua and dns-nsec-enum. I'm not sure about the patch to dns-client-subnet-scan, though.

The script currently runs as a prerule and as a portrule script, requiring the dns-client-subnet-scan.domain argument for the domain name to perform a lookup on. For the portrule, your patch works. For the prerule case, it will fail because the port argument to the action function is nil. There should be a check for this in the script.

Additionally, the script should probably not run as a portrule when dns-client-subnet-scan.nameserver script-arg is given, otherwise it will continue to perform the same lookup against the same nameserver for every port 53 that is discovered.

Dan