Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Compile NMAP 6.40 on Solaris 10 - fails in 'lauxlib.c'

From: mikep () noc utoronto ca
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:19:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013, David Fifield wrote:

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 07:12:23PM -0400, mikep () noc utoronto ca wrote:
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, David Fifield wrote:
What happens if you enter the liblua directory and do "make solaris",
before doing any Nmap compilation?

Same error:

Please see if you can reproduce the error with a Lua package from
http://www.lua.org/download.html (just compiling Lua by itself). If you
get the same error, then you should report the bug to the Lua developers
following the instructions at http://www.lua.org/bugs.html
http://www.lua.org/faq.html#2.3.

Just to let you know what caused the problem:

I tried to build the Lua package by itself, which fails, but their
support list came through and eventually I found a note
("http://www.sawmill.net/dcforum/DCForumID2/2236.html";) about updating
'gcc' after an OS upgrade (we've recently gone from Solaris 8 to
Solaris 10). One of the files updated was '<sys/types.h>' which has the
defs for the names that were causing my issues.

In case anyone else needs the procedure:

cd <GNUINSTALLDIR>/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.X/X.X.X/install-tools
Add 'SHELL=/bin/sh' to the 'mkheaders.conf' file.
cd <GNUINSTALLDIR>/libexec/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/install-tools
./mkheaders -v

I had previously rebuilt several packages and hadn't had any issues, but
obviously just got lucky.

All is working now.

Thanks again,
Mike
--
Mike Peterson                            Information Security Analyst - Audit
E-mail: mikep () noc utoronto ca                WWW: http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/