Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Improvement on CVE 2012-1823

From: Paul AMAR <aos.paul () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 23:16:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

I did some improvements regarding the NSE script CVE 2012-1823.
The attachment file is my improved script.

The previous script is located here :
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/scripts/http-vuln-cve2012-1823.nse

As asked, I improved the detection method by using an echo command (as
George Chatzisofroniou proposed me)
Morever, I added the possibility to execute a command. (By default the
command is "uname -a")

So basically, to launch the script now, it should be like this :
./nmap -p80 --script http-vuln-cve2012-1823 --script-args
'http-vuln-cve2012-1823.cmd=whoami, http-vuln-cve2012-1823.uri=/'
192.168.56.102

To perform my tests, I used a Virtual machine created by PentesterLab which
creates a vulnerable environment using this flaw.

Feel free to comment my contribution.

Regards,
Paul

And for my first post, quick introduction : I'm currently a student
(french) and I'd like to apply to the Google Summer of Code this year.