Nmap Development mailing list archives

Service Check

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:57:31 +0100

Hello All,

I just noticed that there seems to be an incorrect service check.  For NSD

sudo nmap/bin/nmap -sV -PE -p53 l.root-servers.net.

Starting Nmap 6.41SVN ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-12-04 11:50 UTC
Nmap scan report for l.root-servers.net. (199.7.83.42)
Host is up (0.00092s latency).
rDNS record for 199.7.83.42: l.root-servers.net
PORT   STATE SERVICE VERSION
53/tcp open  domain  ISC BIND NSD 3.2.15

I think its probably just a typo.  The server is running NSD, which is
developed by nlnetlabs and is not related to ISC or BIND.  It looks
like you get the same results regardless of which version of NSD is
scanned.  Couldn't see anything obvious in nmap/nmap-service-probes
but im not too familiar wit the format

On a different note is the -i flag and allias to -iL.  I couldn't see
reference to -i in the man page.

John