Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: faking windows

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:11:02 +0000

On 1 November 2013 13:55, Dario Ciccarone <dciccaro () cisco com> wrote:
http://ippersonality.sourceforge.net/

Hasn't been updated since 2001 (!) - but it was the very first tool,
that I know of, that could do what you want to do.

That kind of thing but up-to-date.

And I don't know what your budget looks like - but $30 gets you a real
Windows machine :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-FX160-Thin-Client-Intel-Atom-1-6GHz-1GB-Ram-Windows-XP-Embedded-/190951471312?pt=US_Thin_Clients&hash=item2c759838d0

I'm planning to create 10's of machines on potentially 10's of subnets
so even that cheap my budget won't stretch very far, would be cool
though. could be a good beowulf cluster on the side as well.

Robin