Nmap Development mailing list archives

George's status report - #6 of 16

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:49:29 +0300

This is my sixth report for this summer and it's very very hot outside.

Accomplishments:

* Finished my expansion on whois.nse
  - Added mutexes.
  - Handled domain names with www prefix
  - Fixed the output a bit.
  - Disabled caching.
  - Returned error message on IP input.
  - More minor changes.
  - Emailed the list.

* Finished upgrading httpspider library.
  - Designed a new scheme.
  - Eventually, came up with something simple.
  - Converted boolean options to callbacks.
  - Added some ultity functions.
  - Added doscraping callback.
  - Replaced annoying tabs with spaces.
  - Fixed syntax mistakes.
  - Rewrote some parts.
  - More minor changes.
  - Emailed the list.

* Changed my http-referer-checker script based on httpspider's new capabilities.
  - Actually rewrote it in a more simple manner.

* I've done some Linode research. Set up a Linode and i was trying to discover
  something useful about the host with no result.
  - I tried traffic analysis of LISH (A Linode terminal you can access via SSH
    tunneling or AJAX). All the data was encrypted though.
  - Used the Linode API with some Python bindings. The thing is that the API key
    provides authorization only for your own machines.
  - Tried some silly exploitations with no result.

Priorities:

* There are a lot of scripts in line. I'll probably work on CSRF and DOM-based
  XSS scripts next.

* I'll do some research on Amazon Web Services (AWS).

--
George Chatzisofroniou