Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat_6.40-1 ssl problem

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:38:50 +0200

2013/9/15 David <lotusmotor86 () gmail com>:
Dear necat developers,
        I am using netcat 6.40 version. But when I use --ssl option it returns:
"ncat: unrecognized option `--ssl'
Ncat: Try `--help' or man(1) ncat for more information, usage options and help. QUITTING"
        I check from your website and found it support --ssl option. But when I run "ncat --help" I didn't find
"--ssl" in the option list.
         Can you help out for this question? Thanks very  much in advance.
Best regards
An ncat user from China
2013-09-15

David

Hm, strange, it shouldn't show --ssl in --help if it's built without
OpenSSL.. Did you compile it yourself? If so, make sure that the
configure script found OpenSSL. If not, please let us know what OS
you're using and where you got the binary from.