Nmap Development mailing list archives

Yang's status report - #14 of 16

From: "veotax" <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 02:00:57 +0800

Hi everyone,
Here's my status report for week #14.

Happy to say that some bugs have been removed this week. And the new release is tested by some testers including my
labmates. I have tested the release with several days and no bsod happened. So it is more like a stable version now
than ever before.

I also did some performance test between the original winpcap and our winpcap, the benchmark result is shown in the
links below:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/jperf_original_winpcap.txt
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/jperf_winpcap_nmap.txt
I used the same machine to transmit a file of 970MB size. The only difference is the winpcap version. I chose the most
significant comparision in multiple experiments so you guys could see the result more clearly. GV of WinPcap also tends
to a LWF-version WinPcap, so this won't be a problem porting WinPcap from NDIS5.0 intermediate to NDIS6.x LWF..

Also I wrote some comments to clarify my ideas when dealing with the adapter binding context issue. I used the same
comment styles in order to keep pace with the winpcap guys.

Revision 32254

The entire code base:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF

The installer only:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/installer/winpcap-nmap-4.1.3-NDIS6-1.2.0.exe

Accomplishments:

* Removed some bugs.

* Performance benchmark test between original WinPcap and WinPcap for Nmap.

* Wrote comments for the new WinPcap.

Priorities:.

* Write comments for NPcap.

* Persuade WinPcap team to adopt the WinPcap for Nmap as their new release.

* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.

Cheers,
Yang Luo
http://veotax.com