Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: An update on socket abstractions

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:36:05 -0700

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com
wrote:

https://secwiki.org/w/Ncat-Lua/Socket_abstractions

Thanks for documenting this, Jacek.  I agree that the new "object oriented"
syntax looks better than ncatins+select.  As far as forward compatibility
with argument passing, I'm not sure that the extra syntax is worth it.
 After all, if we ever add an argument to read() or send(), it's not all
that hard to go through all the scripts in the Nmap tree and update them.
 That is what we do when we make NSE changes.  But whatever you and David
decide is fine with me.

Cheers,
Fyodor