Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two Ncat use cases - for Users' Guide maybe?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 23:06:22 -0700

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Jacek Wielemborek
<wielemborekj1 () gmail com>wrote:

One might say I hadn't discovered America, but here they are:

1)
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1ki67v/web_server_in_one_line_of_bash/

It's actually netcat, but works for Ncat too. Credits go to batrick.

Hi Jacek.  Yeah, I think that could be valuable for the user's guide tricks
section.  But with Ncat you could probably make the line even simpler.  In
addition, you'd probably also want to show how to do a more generic web
server using the new Lua scripting functionality.

2) ssh somehost -D 8080 & ncat --proxy localhost:8080 --proxy-type
socks4 remotehost

That's a good one too.

Think that would fit into the Users' Guide "tricks" section?

Yes!  And you're welcome to add either or both.  The Ncat guide could use
more documentation of the new Lua features too.  I just realized that the
Ncat Guide source code is in the web tree, where relatively few people have
access to it.  So I've moved it to the main Nmap repo in
nmap/ncat/docs/ncatguide.xml so everyone can read it and all the committers
can make changes.

Cheers,
Fyodor