Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for test: WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap (NPcap 1.0)

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:54:19 +0200

2013/8/17 veotax <hsluoyz () qq com>:
Hi, everyone. I got the code signing license just now and had WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap signed. Now you guys can test
NPcap installer without entering the boring test mode!
The wpcap.dll version bug was repaired according to the feedback. And I have tested it under Windows 7 x64 and
Windows 8 x64.
revision:31892
The installer only:https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/installer/winpcap-nmap-4.1.3-NDIS6-1.0.exe
The entire code base:https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF
Notice: Save your data in case your system suddenly crashes for BSoD.
Cheers,Yang

Hi,

I'm still getting the error message:

---------------------------
WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap (NPcap) Setup
---------------------------
Failed to create the npf service for Win7 and Win8. Please try
installing WinPcap again, or use the official WinPcap installer from
www.winpcap.org
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

What I did was uninstalling the original WinPcap and then trying to
install your version. I forgot to reboot though, so that might be the
cause. When after rebooting I tried to run your installer again,
here's what I got:

WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap (NPcap) Setup
Skipping WinPcap installation since version 4.1.0.3001 already exists
on this system.  Uninstall that version first if you wish to force
install.
OK