Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: uint8_t on MingW

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:58:40 +0200

2013/8/15 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
"Jacek Wielemborek" <wielemborekj1 () gmail com> wrote:

we could test for, that's not specific to __MINGW32__?
19:18:21  yyzfp$ I don't know what's up with the interface undef.

Gisle, could you clarify the problem?

The problem seems to have gone now. But AFAICR once there was a variable
called 'interface'. That caused a clash with this line in
the MingW SDK:
g:\MingW32\include\basetyps.h
#  define interface        _COM_interface

basetyps.h included via <windows.h>. But Nmap compiles fine
w/o the '#undef' now.

--gv

Okay, so the chunk's not needed anymore. How about the __MINGW32__
thing? Can you explain why this macro in particular?