Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap 6.40 crashes immediately when launched in Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel), command line nmap works

From: Lubo Diakov <lubodiakov () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 04:59:14 +0300

Thank you for your reply David. I was sure it was likely the old version of
Mac OS X or X11.app that was causing me trouble, but was hoping that since
the OS/CPU combination is still officially supported by nmap (10.5 x86 aka
32 bit Intel compatible) as seen here:
http://nmap.org/download.html#macosx
there was some other resolution besides: Install OS X 10.6.
I do have the latest version of XQuartz that is 10.5 x86 compatible, and
may give that a try soon (theirs is version 2.6.3 and the Apple official
version is 2.1.6), but I don't want to rush into it as I have other X11
software (Wireshark for example) that works as is. If they both work with
XQuartz, great! But what if one works with Apple's X11 and the other only
with XQuartz? Unlikely, yes. But potentially quite a hassle.