Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: GSOC projects script writer(discovery)

From: Indula Nayanamith <indula.mrt () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:02:21 +0530

HI,
I am studying at  Department of Computer Science and
engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am interested in network
and system work. I used a network management tool called nedi[1] which is a
collection of perl scripts and I work with the code to tailor it to the
organization i worked during the training period. Nedi had a unique
discovery technique using CDP and LLDP. I worked with network discovery
protocols and we tested some commercial applications like solarwind[2]and
also NMAP to improve nedi and learn mechanisms to use in discovery.From
then, i am interested in network discovery techniques and protocols. I
enjoyed learning about network discovery protocols and techniques. I saw
your scripting position and i would love to work on network discovery
scripts.Also I am good with c programming.
I am confident that with little guidance and smart work i can complete this
and contribute to nmap community. I went through initial idea and have some
questions on this
can you give me some ideas on network discovery techniques and protocols
you are interested.
so i can follow them.
thank you in advance
1.http://www.nedi.ch/