Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Hack Attack (fixing your git-svn checkouts)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:08:00 -0700

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:00:42AM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 06:35:14PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
1) The svn server may give you an error when you update since we reverted
to a known good backup and manually re-applied all the commits since then
(after verifying them by hand).  You may need to blow away your working
directory and check out from scratch.  Also, we have disabled all comitter
accounts until we can reissue them with new passwords.

If you have a git-svn checkout, like at https://secwiki.org/w/Using_Git_with_Nmap,
you will get an error like this:

Incomplete data: Delta source ended unexpectedly at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 5688

To fix it, do this:

git svn reset r30718
git svn fetch
git svn rebase

My mistake, you should actually start at r30715, the last revision
before the recovery backups.

David Fifield