Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Service probe for Erlang distribution node

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:52:29 -0700

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 09:57:24PM +0100, Michael Schierl wrote:
[Please cc: me on any reply since I am not subscribed to the list]

Hello,

it is very useful that nmap can scan the Erlang port mapper and print
mapped ports. However, sometimes, the Erlang portmapper is blocked by a
firewall, but it is forgotten to block the ports of the individual
Erlang nodes. Then you get a lot of "unknown" ports in your portscan.

Therefore, I wrote a service probe for Erlang distribution nodes:

Thanks, I have added it.

David Fifield