Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dns-ip6-arpa-scan

From: Dario Ciccarone <dciccaro () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:15:51 -0400

I would be happy to test, and I think your change makes sense. However,
it is not actually how you should provide the arguments. Prefixes on
IPv6 are prefix::/prefix-length. So your script should accept, and
process, the command line as:

ip=2a01:238:42a8:e700::/48

Not being picky - but your current syntax, again, is not how a prefix is
specified - and people using the script and knowing IPv6 will probably
use the correct syntax - and the script won't work.

While at it, instead of "ip", the argument name should be "prefix" ;)