Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] hostmap-robtex and http-robtex-reverse-ip -- Same thing?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:18:58 -0500

List,

I got a report from "pirate--" on IRC that the robtex.com service had changed their page structure, and the hostmap-robtex NSE script was not working. I came up with a fix (http://pastebin.com/D9a5kYSh), but when trying to update the rest of the scripts, I couldn't identify what was different between hostmap-robtex and http-robtex-reverse-ip. Neither of them actually parse the PTR records in the output.

Can anyone tell me what's supposed to be different between these, or should we just remove one of them? (Perhaps one of the nmap.org web admins could check the logs for which nsedoc page receives more hits?)

Dan