Nmap Development mailing list archives

New IRC bot for #nmap

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 07:18:14 -0500

List,

I've been working on a helpbot for the #nmap IRC channel on freenode (irc://
chat.freenode.net/#nmap). Its name is Nhelp, and it already understands a
few Nmap-related queries:

bonsaiviking: Nhelp: hi
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: I'm a helpbot, not a brain surgeon!
bonsaiviking: ?list Ndoc
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: args, author, categories, requires, and usage
bonsaiviking: ?author smb-psexec
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: Ron Bowes
bonsaiviking: ?args xmpp-info
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: xmpp-info.server_name, xmpp-info.alt_server_name,
xmpp-info.no_starttls, smbusername, smbdomain, smbpassword, smbhash,
smbtype, and smbnoguest
bonsaiviking: ?args xmpp-info xmpp-info.server_name
Nhelp: bonsaiviking:  If set, overwrites hello name sent to the server. It
can be necessary if XMPP server's name differs from DNS name.
bonsaiviking: ?categories broadcast-listener
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: broadcast and safe
bonsaiviking: ?requires ms-sql-info
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: mssql, nmap, smb, stdnse, string, and table
bonsaiviking: ?usage http-method-tamper.nse
Nhelp: bonsaiviking: nmap -sV --script http-method-tamper <target>
bonsaiviking: ?bug
Nhelp: bug is Instructions for filing a bug report can be found at
https://secwiki.org/w/FAQ_bug

Please feel free to try it out. I would also like suggestions for other
useful features. I will be putting the code for the Ndoc plugin up on
Github after I do a little cleanup.

Dan