Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Revisiting the Nmap Public Source License

From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:33:50 +0100

On Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, Claudio Moretti wrote:
Is designed to execute Nmap and parse the results (as opposed to typical
shell or execution-menu apps, which will execute anything you tell them
to).

may be better (but more restrictive, of course, and it may create problems
with integration in open source projects - sorry Jan-Oliver Wagner).

no problem here. I already stated that nmap.nasl is subject to this section.
I'd also say it was _designed_ to run nmap. You can't exchange the
the port scanner in that script without actually rewriting it.

Best

Jan