Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ventrilo-info Ventrilo server version detection and info

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:30:34 -0800

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 03:30:19AM +0100, Marin Maržić wrote:
here's a service detection and info script for the Ventrilo voice
communication server service. If used as a normal script it prints out a
lot of the server status details. More info in the .nse.

Thank you, this is now committed in r30505 and following. I made some
changes to the documentation, and changed the port rule to make it less
likely to run. We don't yet have a good way to control the running of
version scripts like this, which target services that can be run against
arbitrary ports, but which we don't want to run for every open|filtered
port by default. In version probes we use the rarity, but there is no
equivalent notion for NSE scripts.

David Fifield