Nmap Development mailing list archives

WindowsError: [Error 3] in construct_library_arguments

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:22:53 -0800

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 10:25:11AM +0800, 星逸辰 wrote:
Version: 6.25
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 281, in script_list_timer_callback
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 290, in initial_script_list_cb
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 319, in handle_initial_script_list_output
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 419, in get_script_entries
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 291, in __init__
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 402, in construct_library_arguments
WindowsError: [Error 3] :
u'C:\\Users\\cxd\\Desktop\\\xba\xda\xbf\xcd\xb9\xa4\xbe\xdf\\Nmap\xb6\xcb\xbf\xda\xc9\xa8\xc3\xe8\xc6\xf7\\Nmap/nselib/*.*'

Thank you for this report.

Please try installing Zenmap again, into a place without Chinese
directory names. I am sorry for this, and we should fix this bug, but
this is the easiest workaround.

I think this will be somewhat difficult to fix. The directory in the
exception message above is supposed to be
C:\Users\cxd\Desktop\黑客工具\Nmap\端口扫描器. The bytes of the file
name are getting mangled by the escape function in xml.cc. Step one is
to modify escape so that it is capable of receiving and emitting
UTF-8–encoded Unicode strings. But another problem is that the file name
is encoded in GB2312, and there's no code in Nmap for identifying the
encoding of file names so that they can be written correctly to XML.

David Fifield