Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap bug on OSX 10.8.2

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:41:51 -0800

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 05:50:55PM +0100, sj2k () mac com wrote:
IP the first time, it tries to do an ARP scan and dies. If I re-run
the command immediately afterwards, it works as normal. Here's a
sample fail case below.

TLDR; This makes me laugh...

Warning: Hostname yahoo.com resolves to 3 IPs. Using 72.30.38.140.
Initiating ARP Ping Scan at 17:41 <-- ???

route-dst sometimes thinks 'direct' and sometimes outputs the correct
IP and next hop. It's a weird one. Any ideas?

I'm sorry for no response to this so far. Are you still able to
reproduce it? If so, it will help if you can send the output of "nmap
--iflist", both when Nmap considers the address direct and when it does
not.

David Fifield