Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] mysql-enum user enumeration script

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:04:41 +0100

Just commited this as r30420.

Sorry for a big merge from trunk into aca/nmap,
my branch was outdated.

Aleksandar

On 12/16/2012 5:54 PM, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
I just re-tested it and it works well for me, so I would commit it to
main.
There was an unrelated bug in the brute library, where it silently
failed if the userdb did not exist.
I committed a fix that should address this as r30417.

Thanks,
//Patrik

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Aleksandar Nikolic
<nikolic.alek () gmail com <mailto:nikolic.alek () gmail com>> wrote:

    Um, should I commit this to main ?
    It's still only in my dev branch

    On 12/11/2012 11:56 AM, Aleksandar Nikolic wrote:
    > Hi Patrik,
    >
    > thanks for comments, I added a check for that "hostname is
    blocked" case.
    > Now the script will bail out as soon as it gets that error. I just
    > can't say I'm
    > sure when is this error triggered, I can't get consistent results.
    > Wonder if some sort of rate limiting would prevent it ?
    >
    > Also, I've fixed the indentation issues.
    >
    > ,
    > Aleksandar
    >
    > On 12/8/2012 6:57 PM, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
    >> Alexandar,
    >>
    >> I tried this script and didn't get it to show any users even though
    >> they existed.
    >> I tracked the problem down to the server returning the
    following message;
    >> "hostname is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock
    with
    >> 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"
    >>
    >> I think the script needs to handle this error message and
    report back
    >> to avoid false negatives.
    >> There were also some indentation cleanup that needed to be done.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Patrik
    >>

    >> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Aleksandar Nikolic
    >> <nikolic.alek () gmail com <mailto:nikolic.alek () gmail com>
    <mailto:nikolic.alek () gmail com <mailto:nikolic.alek () gmail com>>>
    wrote:

    >>     Resending this as i didn't get any comments , and I guess
    it might
    >>     not have got attention due to list changing ...

    <mailto:nmap-dev () insecure org> <mailto:nmap-dev () insecure org

--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net