Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap-dev list migrating to new server and email address

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:09:57 -0800

Hi folks!  David and I are about to migrate the nmap-dev mailing list from
an ancient colocated system in Sunnyvale to one of our Linode virtual
machines.  The main goal is to retire the colo box, but the migrated list
will have some nice perks too.  For example, the list address will be '
dev () nmap org', which I think is a lot nicer than nmap-dev () insecure org.
And it is hosted on a newer version of Mailman (2.1.15 rather than
2.1.11).  The new (virtual) hardware should also be a lot faster than the
old colo box (which was top of the line in, uh, 2003).

I'll send a message once the new list is up and running (should be very
soon if all goes well)

Cheers,
Fyodor