Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: updating nmap

From: Verde Denim <tdldev () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 09:36:46 -0500

On 12/01/2012 10:24 AM, bar hofesh wrote:
As a rule of thumbs it is always better to do a clean install, you can use
this script to re-install and keep updated with newest version
http://hackingdefined.org/?p=276

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev () gmail com> wrote:

I currently have nmap 6.01 compiled and runing on my linux test machine
and would like to update to the latest version (6.25). Is the best way
to do this to remove the current version an download/compile the updated
one?

Thanks for the input.

Thanks, bar. I'll get the updated package and reset...