Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Port specification feature request: +p

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:19:02 -0600

I think that this is a good feature. I would rather not introduce new
syntax. I think just plain -p should take the union of the -p list and
whatever Nmap would otherwise use. Likewise you should be able to use -p
more than once.

-p 56565                        scans 1 port
--top-ports 1000 -p 56565       scans 1001 ports
--top-ports 1000 -p 80          scans 1000 ports
-F -p 56565                     scans 100 ports

(c) above is likely false, so we would welcome a patch.

David Fifield

I would like to point out that this would eliminate the one way I've
found to workaround the absence of an excluded-ports option:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q2/159

If this is implemented, I would also like to see the excluded-ports
option implemented. That said, I do think this is a good idea, and add
my +1

Dan