Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC][NSE] Modify shortport.ssl and shortport.http to avoid tcpwrapped services

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:15:51 -0500

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

"if Version detection labels a service http": it already does that.
"http" is in LIKELY_HTTP_SERVICES. I think the check
        return port.version.name == "http"
is redundant.

Of course, I should have caught that. Thanks for pointing it out. I
think the new function would then be:

http = function(host, port)
    return (port.version.name ~= "tcpwrapped" and
      port_or_service(LIKELY_HTTP_PORTS, LIKELY_HTTP_SERVICES)(host, port))
end

Dan