Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Feature request

From: Terry Freestone <freesto () live com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:32:17 -0600

Would <> be more practical?

Terry

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:30:48 +0200
From: luis.mgarc () gmail com
To: freesto () live com; nmap-dev () insecure org
Subject: Re: Feature request

On 09/10/2012 04:44 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 08:15:58AM -0600, Terry Freestone wrote:
Hi.
I love the product, but I would like to request a feature. When using the host filter in the Zenmap GUI, would it
be possible to add a host "not equal to" option?

In the filter host field, just give the ability to put != in front of the filter term.

Example:
os:!=linux
How about just:
    os:!linux

Is there any other interest in this feature?

David Fifield

Just note that the ! sign is not that easy to enter in a terminal. In
bash, for example, it can only be specified between single quotes. For
example, in my Linux box I get this:

luis@seattle ~ $ echo "Hello!"
bash: !": event not found
luis@seattle ~ $ echo 'Hello!'