Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap crashes ((unhandled win32 exception) while nmap command line does not. Same system, same command.

From: James Kay <jkay () jskayconsulting com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 05:57:28 +0000

Version 6.01 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit Datacenter Edition.

Install reports: Microsoft visual C++ 2010 redistributable package (x86) failed to install (c:\program files
(x86)\vcrdist_x86.exe). Please be sure your system meets the minimum requirements before running the installation again.

Command: nmap -T4 - -v 10.177.5.1/24

Note: the C++ 2010 redistributable was installed some time ago and the above ‘failure’ doesn’t seem to be significant.

I can provide the output from the command line run if that will help.

Jim Kay -標新立異
I like to think that intelligence is contagious. Unfortunately, it isn’t - Gore Vidal