Nmap Development mailing list archives

dutifully reporting nmap crash reports

From: Scott Oviatt <soviatt () courts state ak us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:56:40 +0000

Running Windows 7 x64
Scanning an XP Pro laptop.
I was continually crashing using 5.51 so I updated to 6.01. The scan finally finished without error but crashed when I
tried to save. The two machines are on the same LAN. I scanned a PC at a remote site and saved without issue plus a
handful of others. It just seems that every time I scan this one laptop, I go TU.

I'm pretty new to nmap and probably not on the mailing list (yet) but I'll join up and watch. This is no emergency,
just a strange anomaly. I have not had any other issues with any other machine.

Version: 6.01

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\MainWindow.pyo", line 636, in _save_scan_results_cb
  File "zenmapGUI\MainWindow.pyo", line 700, in _save
  File "zenmapCore\NetworkInventory.pyo", line 309, in save_to_file
  File "zenmapCore\NmapParser.pyo", line 1013, in write_text
MemoryError

Soviatt
Alaska