Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] fixes to snmp-interfaces

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:08:53 +0100

On 19/07/2012 18:22, jah wrote:
I haven't (yet) properly validated these results, which may be correct, but they aren't quite what I expected.  I hoped
to see an IP address for some of these interfaces and the MAC for the ADSL interface is wrong (ifDescrVpn1 looks odd too).

I checked those results with net-snmp [1] snmpwalk and they do indeed accurately reflect the IF-MIB info for that
device.
The absence of IP addresses is also correct:-
C:> snmpwalk -c public -v 2c 192.168.1.1 IP-MIB::ipAddrTable
IP-MIB::ipAddrTable = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

jah

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp/