Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Peter's status report - #12 of 17

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 02:20:35 +0100

On 16/07/2012 23:52, Peter O wrote:
* cleaned up the LFS patch, got Patrick's approval, will commit it in
the morning after reviewing the patch once more.

Hi Peter,

nmap compilation on windows is failing due to some issues in nse_fs.cc:

make_link needs to return a value - I reckon you meant to return pusherror(L, "make_link is not supported on Windows");

utime.h is not defined - I tried replacing the include definition with the following from luafilesystem/src/lfs.c

#ifdef _WIN32
#include <direct.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <io.h>
#include <sys/locking.h>
#ifdef __BORLANDC__
#include <utime.h>
#else
#include <sys/utime.h>
#endif
#include <fcntl.h>
#else
#include <unistd.h>
#include <dirent.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <utime.h>
#endif and that worked - for certain it's sys/utime.h on windows, direct.h is also required for the declaration of _mkdir, but the other includes may be
unneeded - I haven't checked. Finally, Visual Studio highlights the DIR_METATABLE item in the unnamed enum with the message "Error: Expected
Identifier", but this isn't preventing a successful build. I imagine it has something with the later #define DIR_METATABLE "directory
metatable", but I'm afraid I don't know enough about lua internals to pick through the various uses of the constant. Regards, jah