Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Looking at the windows 64 sockets allowed bug.

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:04:24 -0700

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:18:29AM -0700, James Rogers wrote:
I am seeing 12 second scan times for a single host in the latest Nmap
6.02 compared to 3 to 4 second scan times in Nmap 6.01.  An example of
this comparison is in NormalNmap.jpg that I have attached to this
email.

So it looks like scan times have regressed between 6.01 and 6.02 on
windows 7 - 32 bit.

Is this reproducible? I mean, does it consistently happen if you repeat
the test? A range of ±10 seconds is not unusual for such a short
scan—one dropped probe could cause that.

David Fifield