Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r29203 - nmap-exp/aca/nmap/scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:15:50 +0200

Author: aca
Date: Fri Jul 13 08:22:23 2012
New Revision: 29203

Log:
Script now works but causes assert failure when finishing, will need to
investigate
[...]
Hi,

even buggy scripts shouldn't raise assertion failures. Are you running
latest trunk? We recently fixed a problem in nsock[1] that could lead
to such crashes. If you're getting this error with up to date code,
could you send the details of the crash?

Regards.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q3/60

--
Henri

Not sure which script this is, but if the script is asserting after it
returns the script results and if it makes use of threads, it's likely that
the parent thread returns before the worker threads have stopped. I've
observed this behavior numerous times in the past. Kind of says something
about my coding *cough* :)

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson