Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping getting tagged by trendmicro AV.

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:01:58 -0700

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:40:18AM -0400, Lopez, Edwin (EMS) wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that when installing Nmap 6.01, TrendMicro officescan is
tagging nping.exe as a malware. See screenshot below:

Hi Edwin.  Thanks for the report.  It looks like Trend may have now
fixed this false positive result.  I just uploaded the 6.01 nping.exe
to VirusTotal and it finds no problems:

https://www.virustotal.com/file/8f765283f1991866a9d0833d5907fde815596633c32822a182005406a2171b97/analysis/1340492340/

Would you please test again with your Trend Micro OfficeScan product
and see if it still flags?  Be sure to update to the latest version of
the signatures first if that doesn't happen automatically.

Thanks,
Fyodor