Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sean Rivera Progress Report #8/17

From: sean rivera <sean.au.rivera () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:06:14 -0600

Evening list,

This week has been crazy for me, and I haven't gotten much done. Apologies.

Progress:
With David's help I fixed test/test-wildcard.c: In function ‘test’:
* test/test-wildcard.c:159:5: warning: value computed is not used
[-Wunused-value]
    Voided the return value as it didn't really matter.

*EchoServer.cc: In member function ‘int EchoServer::start()’:
*EchoServer.cc:1403:25: warning: variable ‘loopret’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   Added error handling for loopret to mimic all other functions that
call nsock_loop.

*nmap-update.c: In function ‘checkout_svn’:nmap-update.c: In function
‘checkout_svn’:
*nmap-update.c:894:2: warning: ‘svn_client_checkout2’ is deprecated
(declared at /usr/include/subversion-1/svn_client.h:1072)
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   Just added a -Wno-deprecated declaration since the deprecated api is the
only one supported on OSX (http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q2/818)

Priorities:
Fix the remainder of the Linux compile time warnings.
Fix the Windows linker warnings.
Sort script output Alphabetically so that running scripts against different
hosts gives the same result order, as per
 "We should probably sort script output (for port output and host
  output) by script name or something so that it comes in a
  deterministic order.  If the same three scripts produce output in
  two different scans, they should be listed in the same order.  Right
  now the order can vary, at least for host output."

--

~Sean Rivera