Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r28412 - nmap/nsock/src

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 15:29:13 +0200

Author: david
Date: Wed Apr  4 20:30:09 2012
New Revision: 28412

Log:
Don't try to do FD_ISSET on a nonselectable pcap descriptor.

The Nsock select engine stores readiness information in a mask instead
of doing an FD_ISSET against the descriptor every time. This is a good
idea, but it removed a special case in the pre-engines code: in case
PCAP_CAN_DO_SELECT is not defined, we can't do FD_ISSET on the
descriptor because it is -1. Here we check for that occurrence and set
EV_READ in the mask so that a non-blocking pcap read can happen every
iteration.

Hi,

good catch! How did you noticed/reproduced the problem?

I'm starting to think that regression tests for nsock would be nice
(at least to compare the impact of a change on all these different
platforms we support). Does anyone has ideas about good designs and
technologies to use for such tests for a C library?

Regards.

--
Henri