Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problems with nmap with openvz or bridge interfaces

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 23:13:25 +0100

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the reports.

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:36:53AM +0200, Pablo Catalina wrote:
Since nmap 5.51 I have problems launching nmap from a OpeVZ hardware
machine, it doesn't find the network interfaces.

Can I help with the debuging proccess? I don't know about the nmap code,
but I can run gdb, strace, ltrace, ... or something else to help with these
bug.
Ok, first it would be better if you have Nmap 6.00, anyway:

Please run these commands and send us the output.

# ./nmap --iflist -d3
# ifconfig -a
# cat /proc/net/route
# ip addr show